Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Joe Biden cartoon "Call Me Irrepressible!"


Tuesday, May 26, 2009 - Here's a new cartoon featuring our new Veep, the irrepressible Joe Biden. (I'm sure there are times when his boss President Obama would like to repress him, but - alas - it's just not possible.) Remember when he faulted Bush's handling of last year's stock market crash, saying that when the stock market crashed in 1929 FDR "went right on TV" and explained what he was doing? Only two things wrong with that - FDR wasn't President until 4 years later, and there was no TV at the time, only radio. (FDR's first TV appearance was at the opening of the New York World's Fair in 1939, and even then more people saw him in person than on TV, since there were only a few hundred TV sets in the country at the time.) - Jerry Breen newbreen@comcast.net www.newbreen.com

1 comment:

Marlon said...

Hey Mr Been, I really enjoy your blog and your style. Could I invite you to check out my new political cartoon blog 'PolitiToon'

http://politooned.blogspot.com/


I appreciate it, I would like to learn more from you as well.